To Be the First

'To Be The First' was the first photography project I made when  I started my education in photography. The work was inspired by a teenagers gymnastic team in New Jersey in 2005. It was a time when I was still discovering the tool of photography.  It was a project that I really enjoyed it and from which  i gained a lot of experience with working with children who I didn't know and I had to intrude in their privacy. They were happy and it was very easy to work with them at the end. With this body of work I was selected to participate in the International Photography Salon in Varna , Bulgaria in the summer of 2006. That was my first exposure as an artist in  gallery space. The work was exhibited in the Varna Gallery of Art. However , because the prints were original silver gelatin print they got damaged with mildew from the moisture from the walls since the gallery wasn't air-conditioned. 




Comments

Popular Posts